Respecting privacy of users browsing COIG SA web page, we hereby inform that the data accumulated in the log journals is used exclusively for efficient and accurate administration of the website. This means that we do not solicit the identification of COIG SA website users, we do not pass any identification data to any third parties or use the obtained data for any other purposes.
The visited resources are identified by URLs. Accordingly to common practice applied by most web services, we store HTTP/HTTPS enquiries, directed to our servers. This means that we are familiar with:
- IP addresses of our website visitors,
- time of enquiry,
- time of response,
- name of the visitor's workstation – identification is carried out through HTTP/HTTPS protocol,
- URL of the website previously visited (referrer link) – in case, when COIG SA site is visited through a link,
- information about the visitor's web browser.
- Information about HTTP/HTTPS transaction errors.
The data is not associated with any particular COIG SA website visitor. To ensure the highest quality of our website, we analyze log files to verify the sites visited most often , through what web browsers and whether the site structure is error free, etc.
The collected logs are stored for an unlimited period of time, as auxiliary material for administering the site. Information they contain is not exposed to anybody, except staff authorized to administer the site and COIG SA network. On basis of log files the statistics aiding administering processes can be generated. Collective summaries in form of such statistics do not contain any data identifying website visitors.
Cookie mechanisms on COIG SA website
The cookie mechanism is not applied to obtain data about website users or to track their navigation. Cookie files applied in COIG SA website do not store personal data or any other user data.
COIG SA website uses:
- "cookies", which are created and exist only during the browser session. They are required for proper operation of site elements.
- persistent "cookies" that remain on the user device for a period of time defied in those cookie files. These are activated each time the user visits the website that has created the particular cookie file.
All browsers may be configured so not to use persistent cookies. For example in Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, the user shall select Tools, then Internet Options – select Privacy and click the Advanced Privacy Settings button. Select „Override automatic cookie handling”, set cookie types to „Block” or Prompt”. Select „Always allow session cookies”. Other browsers has similar settings and cookie handling can be set accordingly to user requirements.
Links to other sites
Using Google Analytics
We hereby inform that additionally www.coig.pl website uses Google Analytics service, rendered by Google, Inc. („Google”), described in detail at: http://www.google.pl/intl/pl/analytics/privacyoverview.html